Welcome to our very first school blog! We are hoping that this blog will not only provide us with a platform to showcase the marvellous learning that takes place at Overstone Primary school, but also an opportunity to share our work and experiences with one another as well.
With this in mind I thought it would be useful to talk about what is on each blog page.
1. School Blog- This page will be where you can find out more about things that are happening in our daily school life. We will also be posting about Class Assemblies here as well as reminders and information about whole school events. Underneath this tab you will find that Mrs Mardell has her own blog page which she will be posting on.
2. Class Blog - Each class now have their own blog page up and running.
3.More - You will find 4 pages under this tab.
Learning Outside the Classroom - Photos from trips and visitors will be posted here.
Sporting Blog - This is where we will be blogging about all of the sports competitions that we enter.
Charity Events – Photos from charity events such as Red Nose Day and MacMillan’s coffee mornings can be found here.
Fun Events – This is where we will blog about the fun things we do at Overstone! You can find photos from Harry Potter Book Night here as well as the Talent Show we held earlier in the year.
At Overstone Primary School we actively promote internet safety and it is important for everyone (especially children) who use the blog to understand how to use it and the internet in a safe way. For the children who are using the blog, they will be using and applying skills that they are expected to learn in in the new National Curriculum objectives for Computing. To do this, the following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when using our blog which will not only consolidate the children's computing skills but also help improve and consolidate their Literacy skills too.
Our Blogging Guidelines
* When commenting on the blog, please only use your first name - no surnames.
* Please do not reveal any personal information that may identify where you live.
* Please do not use text talk (LOL is okay but words like l8r are not) – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
* Be polite – do not post anything that could hurt anyone.
* Always show respect – be positive if you are going comment and always remember that the blog is an extension of our school that the rest of the world is able to see.
Relatives who leave comments are also asked to use their first name only or to post comments as “John’s Mum.”
All posts and comments are checked by a member of staff before they are approved.
We hope you enjoy reading our blogs and feel free to comment on any one of our posts, we love hearing what you think about what we've been learning about!
- The Staff at Overstone Primary School.